Judy Murray, you are awesome. Here is why:
- Not only are you the mother of world-class tennis players (some boys named Andy and Jamie), but you are involved in tennis at all levels. You support the young up-and-coming British kids and participate in charity tennis events for kids.
- You blog for British Tennis and share your insights on, most recently, the Australian Open but also happenings on the tennis world according to you.
- You tweet.
- You tweet to your son’s girlfriend’s dog.
- You put soccer moms to shame, attending your sons’ matches not just as a seatwarmer but as a full-out coach-like supporter.
- As if we needed more reason to love you, The New York Time’s Christopher Clarey gave us some more.
It’s amazing to me you don’t already have your own fan club or, at the very least, Facebook Fan Page. You’re Brit wit has earned you a following, many of whom might (God forbid) trade their own mothers for you. I love my mom so I’m not quite one of them, but I can appreciate a good parent when I see one. And you are one.
Judy, never leave us. Your presence is good for tennis, and good for you sons so thus, again, good for tennis.
Cheers to you, Judy.
(Photo: Getty Images)