Because anything we have to say about the rest of the happenings on Day 4 at Wimbledon would be completely overshadowed by any mention of the longest tennis match ever, we will keep our Reflections brief:
Top 6 Things That Happened Today at Wimbledon
- John Isner defeated Nicolas Mahut, 6-4, 3-6, 6-7(7), 7-6(3), 70-68 in the longest tennis match ever.
- Queen Elizabeth II attended Andy Murray’s match against Jarkko Nieminen, which Murray won 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.
- Rafael Nadal needed five sets to defeat Robin Hasse, currently ranked number 151 in the world.
- Serena Williams “was like, ‘Hey, nice to meet you’, total American style” when she met the Queen.
- Svetlana Kuznetsova (19), Jie Zheng (23), and Daniela Hantuchova (24) were all knocked out of the tournament.
- In what is now an all-too-familiar scenario for him, Nicolas Mahut’s doubles match (with Arnaud Clement against Colin Fleming and Kenneth Skupski) was suspended due to darkness.